Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Holland Village

Leave a Comment
The best way to relieve stress is to do things that makes you happy. So I planned in advance to give myself a treat right after my first paper, which was fine & I did with no regrets. There's still two wars ahead so the treat is what I've decided to encourage myself with.
Cotton Candy Frappuccino & Tazo Green Tea Creme Frappucino ($13.80)
Waited 2 hours at Starbucks for a restaurant to open at 6pm, good food are meant to be waited. & So I finally got to try my Cotton Candy Frappe! Ordering is simple, simply say you want a "Vanilla Frappe with a pump of raspberry syrup, tall." The female baristas there know their pink. 
Kinara, Contemporary Indian Cuisine
24 Lorong Mambong Holland Village, Singapore 277683 (Holland Village MRT)
Lunch: 11.30am - 2.30pm. Dinner: 6pm - 11pm.
It was humid outside so we didn't want the open-air dining. The inside of the restaurant looks elegant & atas, smells & sounds culturally pleasant so I kinda enjoyed this first visit. I may not seem like it but Indian cuisine is actually my favourite so I'm always excited whenever my food buddy agrees to go with me. (He's Indian not he's not a fan of Indian food.) Anyone reading this wants to be my food buddy too? 
Please don't mind the picture quality. Their POS system is awesome and in a touch-screen pad & you just order what you like and click "send", which is great because I don't really like talking.
This free side appetizer is served first, with fresh apple jam & a green sauce, which if my taste bud is not wrong should be a curried cilantro chilli pepper sauce. Apply both sauce on the cracker & you'll enjoy really good complimentary flavours and textures. 
I'm really glad! Our orders are all served warm together! One of my pet peeves in dining is when a restaurant doesn't serve all the food together, it says a lot about the love they put into cooking and serving.  
Herb Naan ($4.50)
This naan top with fresh mint and herbs right here is possibly the best naan I've tried so far in Singapore at a 5/5. I've tried a couple from different shops in Little India but they just don't taste as good as this. This Indian flatbread is the most typical, easiest and simplest for them to cook but then again easy things are difficult to be perfected to get the 'wow' factor, & at this place, I've got it. 
Jeera Pulao ($5)
This is simply just basmati rice dotted with jeera, which is cumin seeds. It's light and fluffy and compliments the other dishes well but I'm not really a fan of pricey rice, so probably a 3/5 with price as the only downside. 
Murgh Tikka Masala ($22)
This awesome dish is made up of boneless tandoori chicken cooked with chef's special spices. It's basically a creamy tomato-based curry with really flavourful spices. Do you know that Indians are actually the world's best user for spices? That's the main reason why I love Indian food & this deserves a 4.8/5. 
Murgh Pashtoom, Butter Chicken ($22.50)
This is a classic Indian dish & especially meant for people who can't take spicy food! My Indian food buddy orders this most of the time because he can't take spicy, ironic right? Many versions of this dish exist & this one right here has really been marinated over night with good yoghurt & spice, which complements the chicken really well. & You just have to top it over your basmati rice or naan & it'll be heaven! 4.8/5. 
The final bill may seem like a damage but its still a highly recommend place. Do it when you're financially stable or simply have the heart to splurge once in awhile. Remember, sometimes we're not just paying for hunger, we may be paying for the whole experience, taste & awesomeness itself. 

Overall Ratings: (4.7/5)
What I Liked: Taste, Quality, Variety, Great Indian Cuisine, Ambience, POS System
What I Disliked: Price/Affordability

0 comments:

Post a Comment